Thursday, April 22, 2010

Now Showing!


My husband is one of the coolest people I know!  He comes up with such great ideas that make for some simply wonderful memories!  And this past Saturday, he did just that.

Every Saturday is family night.  Our family looks forward all week to homemade pizza and homemade chocolate chip cookies! :)  On this night, we eat and play games and then afterwards, we all snuggle in to watch an episode from Little House on the Prairie....we just love the shows and for Christmas, I got our family two of the seasons on DVD.  A few months ago, my husband discovered that he could make for an even better movie experience with our movie projector that he shines up on the big wall in our living room.  It's like being in our own personal movie theater! 


Well, Saturday afternoon, I recognized the gleam in my husband's eye as he told me his latest idea.  He was bringing the projector outside so we could watch our movie on the garage door!!  I just never in a million years would have thought to do something like that!  So while he rigged the electronics part up, I popped several bags of popcorn, got drinks ready, and found blankets to lay on for the kids.  I then went outside to find that our kids had broadcast it to the other kids in our neighborhood, and we now had children with blankets and pillows in our driveway to enjoy our outdoor movie experience as well!  How neat is that?   Our kids were just beaming with delight at the entire experience and with pride that their daddy had come up with the whole thing!

So as my husband pushed play and everyone settled in munching away at the big bowls of popcorn, I looked around and silently thanked God for my four little blessings and my wonderful husband that had surprised me once again with yet another wonderful family memory!

1 comment: